How we use your personal data
Your personal information, which includes your name, address and any other details you provide to us which concern you as an individual, will only be processed by us for the purposes of answering your enquiry. We may record telephone calls to offer additional security, resolve complaints, improve our service standards and staff training processes.
Data Protection law says that we can only use personal data if we have a proper reason to do so. For example, these reasons include fulfilling a contract with you and when we have a legal duty or when it is in our legitimate interest to do so. When data protection law allows us to process your personal data for our own legitimate interests, it Is only allowed provided those interests do not override your own interests and your fundamental rights & freedoms.
How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data:
- Directly from you, for example when you make an enquiry by phone or by email
- From other organisations to which you have given your consent to share personal data with us for specific purposes, such as for direct marketing
Our Purposes for Processing your personal data
We will only ask you for your personal data where it is necessary to fulfil the following purposes. Where providing us with your personal data is optional, we will inform you of this. Our purposes are grouped under our legal bases for processing.
Entering into and fulfilling a contract between you and us
- To Consider and process enquiries made by our customers and prospective customers for products and services we provide.
- To deliver the products and services we provide, including providing you with information, guidance and a quotation for those services
- To address enquiries or complaints we may receive from you or a representative appointed by you.
Fulfilling our legal obligations
- Maintaining records of our business, as required by law- for instance, keeping records of our accounts
- Checking your identity
- Complying with laws which require us to provide information, directly or indirectly to any national authority
- Identifying and managing risks to our organisation
For our legitimate interests
- Sharing information with organisations who introduce you to us under a commercial agreement- for instance, where we pay them commission
- To recover money owed to us
- To exercise our rights under our contracts with you
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes. The retention period of your personal data may need to be extended where we require this to bring or defend legal claims. We may also retain data for longer periods for statistical purposes, and if so we will anonymise or pseudonymise this.