We are committed to collecting and using personal data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Who are we
Green Energy International Limited (Company Number 10086572) whose registered office is at Metropolitan House, Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SK8 7AZ. You can get in touch with us by:
- By Post: Green Energy International, Trinity House, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, SK7 5DA.
- By telephone: 0161 696 7330
- By email: email@example.com
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliff House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF – Registration reference ZA245976
How we use your personal data
Your personal information, which includes your name, address and any other details you provide to us which concern you as an individual, will only be processed by us for the purposes of answering your enquiry. We may record telephone calls to offer additional security, resolve complaints, improve our service standards and staff training processes.
Data Protection law says that we can only use personal data if we have a proper reason to do so. For example, these reasons include fulfilling a contract with you and when we have a legal duty or when it is in our legitimate interest to do so. When data protection law allows us to process your personal data for our own legitimate interests, it Is only allowed provided those interests do not override your own interests and your fundamental rights & freedoms.
How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data:
- Directly from you, for example when you make an enquiry by phone or by email
- From other organisations to which you have given your consent to share personal data with us for specific purposes, such as for direct marketing
Our Purposes for Processing your personal data
We will only ask you for your personal data where it is necessary to fulfil the following purposes. Where providing us with your personal data is optional, we will inform you of this. Our purposes are grouped under our legal bases for processing.
Entering into and fulfilling a contract between you and us
- To Consider and process enquiries made by our customers and prospective customers for products and services we provide.
- To deliver the products and services we provide, including providing you with information, guidance and a quotation for those services
- To address enquiries or complaints we may receive from you or a representative appointed by you.
Fulfilling our legal obligations
- Maintaining records of our business, as required by law- for instance, keeping records of our accounts
- Checking your identity
- Complying with laws which require us to provide information, directly or indirectly to any national authority
- Identifying and managing risks to our organisation
For our legitimate interests
- Sharing information with organisations who introduce you to us under a commercial agreement- for instance, where we pay them commission
- To recover money owed to us
- To exercise our rights under our contracts with you
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes. The retention period of your personal data may need to be extended where we require this to bring or defend legal claims. We may also retain data for longer periods for statistical purposes, and if so we will anonymise or pseudonymise this.
Disclosure of information
In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed your information may be transferred to a third-party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy. We undertake not to provide your personal information to any third parties except in accordance with this policy. Your information will not be disclosed to government or local authorities or other government institutions except as required by law or other binding regulations.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. You can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data or ask for some of your personal data to be provided to someone else.
Removing Your Information
If you would like any or all your personal information submitted to be removed from our database, if you don’t want to receive any marketing information from us, or you would like to update or correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you please contact us.
Accessing Your Information
If you want to know exactly what personal information we hold on you, please request this by emailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Green Energy International, Metropolitan House, Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire SK8 7AZ. We will send the information we hold to you within 28 days from the receipt of the request, we do not charge for this service. If any of the information we hold is incorrect, we will make the necessary changes and let you know when they’ve been made. We may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide any information if identity is not established.
Your rights are:
- To Be Informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. We fulfil this right by giving you this privacy notice.
- Access to your personal data: You can request a copy of your personal data that we process as a data controller, together with details of why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
- Right to Object: You may object to our processing of your personal data. We will assess whether our interest in continuing to process your personal data overrides your rights and freedoms. If not, we will stop processing your personal data. Either way, we will inform you of the outcome. You have the right to object to direct marketing and if you do so, we must stop these types of activities.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you
- Erasure: This is also known as “The right to be forgotten” and this means you can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it or otherwise using it. There are limited exceptions, for example where we need to use the information to bring or defend a legal claim.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used electronic form, so it can easily be transferred. This is limited to the personal data you have provided with your consent
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where it is inaccurate; you have asked for it to be erased; you have objected to our use of it; or where you need this for the bringing or defending of legal claims. When you have asked us to restrict the use of your personal data we may still store the information but will not use it further without your consent, unless we need to process it to bring or defend legal claims, to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals or for other important public interest reasons.
We may use your personal data to tell you about relevant products and offers that we think you may find interesting. We can only use your personal data to send you marketing messages if you have given your consent or it is for legitimate interest (when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information)
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time. You can change your mind and update your choices at any time by using the unsubscribe option in any marketing communication you receive from us or by contacting us in the following ways:
- By Post: Green Energy International, Metropolitan House, Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SK8 7AZ
- By telephone: 0161 696 7330
- By email: email@example.com
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties. We will only share your name and contact details with one of our Professional Service Providers If you have agreed for us to do so.
Registered Address: Trinity House, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, SK7 5DA.Green Energy International Limited is registered in England & Wales Company No. 10086572